The Sielmat Bible College was established on 1st April, 1980. In the beginning, it was called the Sielmat Bible School. The school was started with only fifteen students, with Rev. D. Ruolngul, B.A., B.D., as the first Principal assisted by Rev. Lalngaisang and Rev. H. B. Hluothang who joined them in June of the same year. Over the past decade it has grown in size and strength through the guidance of God, and in 1995 it was upgraded to a college under Rev. H. B. Hluothang, B.A., B.D., M. Th. as the Principal. With the introduction of Bachelor of Theology (B. Th.) course in 1995, English becomes the medium of instruction.
The motto of the College is “Rightly Handling the Word of Truth”
Sielmat Bible College is located at Sielmat, the General Headquarters of the Independent Church of India, Churachandpur, Manipur. Sielmat is an elevated place with mild and fresh air. It is within the municipal area of the Churachandpur town. Churachandpur town is 65 KM south of Imphal, the State Capital of Manipur. There are direct bus services from Imphal (Keisampath Station) to Churachandpur. The ICI Head Office lies by the northern side of a small brook just before entering Churachandpur town proper. Get down in front of the ICI Headquarters Office. Take an auto-rickshaw from the station right in front of the ICI Office for Sielmat. The fare will be about Rs. 20/- only.
Aims & Objectives of the Sielmat Bible College
1. To give adequate theological training to potential men and women for future leadership.
2. To impart sound Biblical and theological knowledge as an effective means to defend the church from heretical teachings.
3. To provide in-depth training to cross-cultural missionaries,
4. To give theological education and training to laymen who are actively involved in local church ministries.
5. To promote Biblical spirituality in the lives of the students so that they will develop Christ-like character.
Doctrinal Statement of the Sielmat Bible College
The College believes in,
1. The full divinity and humanity of Jesus Christ who was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin Mary, his atoning death, his bodily resurrection, his ascension, and his personal return in glory to judge the living and the dead.
2. The Holy Scriptures composed of the sixty-six books of the Old and the New Testaments originally given by God, uniquely inspired, authentic, infallible and supreme authority over men.
3. One God eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
4. The dignity of men created in the image of God, his subsequent fall, universal sinfulness, his salvation through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and bodily resurrection.
5. The Spiritual unity of all believers in Christ, expressed in worship, fellowship and service.
The Three years B. Th. and M. Div. Programs are accredited by the Asia Theological Association, the coordinating body of Evangelical Theological Education in Asia over twenty years ago. Graduates from this college are entitled to go for higher theological studies in many theological college in India.